How To Win At Life: 12 Essential Vitamins for Healthy Teeth and Gums
May 15, 2023 | Categories: Beauty & Skin Care, Health, Health Care
Things you need to know about crucial vitamins for strong teeth and healthy gums.
Over time, we all lose minerals in our teeth. This can be due to aging, the food and drinks we consume, and normal wear and tear. The good news is that there are steps you can take to remineralize your teeth and gums naturally, helping minimize tooth decay and keeping your mouth healthy.
Essential Vitamins For A Healthy Smile
Here are some of the best vitamins you should consider in your daily diet for healthy teeth and gums.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin K
Good oral health is paramount to strengthen your tooth enamel and improve your gum health. Here are some dos and don’ts for healthy teeth and gums:
- Brush twice a day with fluoride-based toothpaste.
- Don’t overdo it on acidic foods, such as sugary foods and soft drinks.
- Floss and use a fluoride-based mouthwash daily.
- Stop smoking. It’ll ruin your enamel and smile.
- Swap out your toothbrush every three to four months.
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush so you don’t wear away tooth enamel and gum tissue.
- Eat vitamin D-packed foods that can help your enamel: cheese, yogurt, milk, mushrooms, and orange juice.
- Drink water throughout the day. It can help remove bacteria from your mouth and wash away acid left over from food and drink.
- Talk to your dentist about getting dental sealants to protect enamel.
- Schedule regular dental exams. Visit every six months for professional teeth cleaning that can remove tartar.
Read the complete article at CareCredit.